Breg House is a rustic stone and wood cottage, that we’ve slowly renonvated over a period of almost ten years, to create a cosy space, full of the original character (think big chunky wooden beams) but with modern conveniences: a fitted kitchen, hot showers, comfy bedrooms and relaxing spaces to unwind and enjoy the beautiful mountain forest views.
The original wooden structure that forms the centrepiece of the house is around 300 years old, and was once the ‘granary’ of the farm, used to store grains, meat and other produce. These traditional granaries had to be very secure to protect what would have been the farmers’ most precious possession – food, hence the very thick wood that was used in its construction. Over the years, the farm was divided into three separate properties, and the granaries were convertered into a habital dwellings.
The house comfortably sleeps 6 adults, in three bedrooms (2 x double bedroom, 1 x twin bedroom) and has two showers and two toilets (including an en suite).
- Double room with en suite (shower, toilet and basin)
- Twin room (two single beds)
- Double room
- Separate WC and wash basin
- Separate shower
- Lounge with wood burning stove
- Snug – a cosy area under the rafters to read and relax (not full height)
- Balcony – views over orchard and mountain forests
- A small grassy orchard, with views of surrounding forest and mountains